Coloring books aren't just child's play anymore. They have exploded as a great way to relax and de-stress for adults as well!! As we mature, our crayons and colored pencils become a distant memory and are replaced by monitors, keyboards, pens and highlighters. Recently however, coloring has become a recommended means of relaxing for adults. So if you are looking for an excuse to break out the crayons, here are 5 reasons why adults should get to coloring!
1. REDUCES STRESS. When you start to color, your focus becomes on filling in the images and your other concerns, thoughts or worries no longer are in the front of your mind. In simple terms, your worries are off your mind and you are focused on the task at hand.
2. STIMULATES THE BRAIN AND THE SENSES - How many of you can remember the smell of a crayon? The feel of a newly sharpened coloring pencil? These sense memories don't have to remain a distant thought from childhood, but are now part of the brain and sense stimulation of coloring. Think of it as a way to stretch your mind and give your brain a nice work out.
3. IMPROVES CONCENTRATION & ATTENTION TO DETAIL - Just like we mentioned in #1, when you are focused on coloring, you are building up your ability to concentrate without interruption. Coloring pages with intricate designs improve concentration more and encourage you to pay attention to detail to create a masterpiece.
4. SPARKS CREATIVITY - When we become adults, it is very easy to fall into a routine and not allow spontaneity or creativity to flourish in our day to day lives. But sitting in front of a fresh coloring page sparks our creativity immediately.
5. RELAXING - Grab a fresh coloring page, crayons and or colored pencils and begin to enjoy a relaxing moment to yourself. Making time to enjoy something is relaxing and peaceful.
Post a Comment